Monday 14 May 2012

Guest Blogger: Living MY Moksha: Progress


I’m a newbie in the blogging world, but I’ve come to realize that if I state that I’m undertaking a challenge it is proper practice to update on my successes and failures of the challenge. So here is an update on my Week 1: Be Healthy and Week 2: Be Accessible progress.

Week 1: Be Healthy

Well, let me just say that eating no processed foods is difficult, or at least it was for me. I think it would be possible with well thought out planning, but when you start to look at how much food we (I) consume that is processes…Wow. My first three days were excellent – I was eating a lot of fruit and veggies in their natural form. However, mid-week it wasn’t enough so I did “cheat” with some of my regulars, like cereal (yummm). Overall, I’m totally satisfied with my efforts and new knowledge of processed foods. I find now I am consistently making an effort to eat less processed foods.

My supersize challenge this week was to practice yoga every day – well I practiced 4/7 days. Okay, so not perfect, however when I looked back on my practice schedule I did practice April 28, 29, 30 and May 1, 2, 3, and 5. So that is close to 7 days in a row :)

Week 2: Be Accessible

Bye, bye facebook. I have SO enjoyed the reprieve from my social network. I did connect via Skype and e-mail with friends at a distance, and certainly spent time with my friends in person. In fact, I’m wondering as this week’s challenge comes to an end if I even want to reactivate. I think for me this week has helped break the habit of facebook, and in the future, upon my reactivation, I will limit my usage.

The supersize challenge this week was to introduce a friend to yoga. My friend Lynnette came to a Friday night Moksha class with me and she did SO good! In fact, we spoke the next day and she is considering trying the intro month this summer! I’d say this is a success!

Okay, so tomorrow will bring Week 3: Live Green – watch for the blog update!


No comments:

Post a Comment