Monday 18 November 2013

TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY

We've had a restfully busy weekend. Steve decorated the outside of the house; he put lights on the house, the wreath on the door, lined our front walk with candy canes and decorated our front Japanese Lilac with white twinkle lights. I cleaned and decorated a bit of the inside.

This will be our first Christmas spent here in our home with the entire Gillespie clan, Connor arrives on Dec21-we will wait until then to decorate the tree with him. I have made plans with our friends to go to a tree farm this year, something I have wanted to do for a long time. I am looking forward to snowy family outings, more decorating, buying and wrapping presents and sharing joy with friends, family & strangers. 

To me, it always feels more like Christmas after the Santa Claus parade. This weekend we took Euan to his first, you could see the wonder in his eyes. Santa's elves handed out chocolate and candy canes which I quickly put out of eye shot. I said to Steve, "where is the Dentist float with all this candy?!" He just laughed at me. Euan was so distracted by all the novelty of it, he wasn't fussed about the disappearance of treats.

We have a busy week ahead!  I hope you all have a very happy Monday. xox

17 comments:

  1. Where do u find these globes????

    ReplyDelete