Tuesday 12 October 2010

I LOVE YOU MY LITTLE MUFFIN

My husband Steve sent me this recipe with this message.. "For your baking pleasure!  And my eating! I love you my little muffin!" 


They turned out so good I wanted to share the recipe he found. 


Pumpkin Muffins
INGREDIENTS:
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 tsp pumpkin-pie spice (a combo of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and allspice)
1.25 cups plus 1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Equipment: 12 foil or paper muffin liners; a muffin pan with 12 (1/2-cup) muffin cups
DIRECTIONS:
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven toe 350F. Put liners in muffin cups.
Whisk together flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
Whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, pumpkin-pie spice, 1.25 cups sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl until smooth, then whisk in flour mixture until just combined.
Stir together cinnamon and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in another bowl.
Divide batter among muffin cups (each should be about 3/4 full), then sprinkle tops with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake until puffed and golden brown and a wooden pick or skewer inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
Cool in pan on a rack 5 minutes, then transfer muffins from  pan  to rack and cool to warm or room temperature. 

ps. don't forget to let me know how yours turn out please! xo

http://lovinglifebeingchristy.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/i-love-you-my-little-muffin.html

3 comments:

  1. I just made these and they are absolutely delicious. Fabulous recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made my husband's day! Glad you liked them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. voy hacer esta sabrosa receta pero tengo dudas en 1.5 tazas,1.25tazas de azucar.Desearia si son tan amables me den respuesta.les deseo muchos exitos desde Colombia con gran cariño.

    ReplyDelete