Wednesday 3 February 2016

NAC DATE NIGHTS

Canadian born Peter Katz:

 I was looking for new artist to add to my Feet Up Friday blog post in 2009. I came across Peter on YouTube. When I googled him I found out he would be in Bristol,UK that week where I was living at time. ( a wonderful coincidence) 

Although many Indy on their way, acts have passed through this venue, The Louisiana is your typical seedy pub with a poky little stage upstairs that fits very few patrons. I ended up going alone. ( the most freeing way of being entertained ) I'm glad I did because I am not sure I will get to see him, as intimately as I did that evening, again. There were maybe 10 people at that show. 

Peter's heart is right out there. His connection with the audience is magical. I am not a music buff but I looked around the room and saw the sore cheeked smiles on many people around me at his NAC show in Ottawa this week. I am pretty sure he had the feeling his audience is growing and he is becoming a much anticipated artist by many. I have been a fan of his music since Bristol My husband since The Black Sheep Inn Ottawa 2013 and many friends across Canada who I've told to search him out if they want a fantastic night out. 

We will be living in Toronto next year which I am hoping will give us the opportunity to see many more shows.
 I know you will all be hearing Peter's  entire CD be played regulary on the radio. I bought his new CD -We Are The Reckoning and I love it all! 

I can't wait to see this humble human perform again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment