Tuesday 14 July 2015

RIDEAU RIVER

We camped Friday evening at Rideau River Park. We were meant to be there the entire weekend but the mosquitoes were atrocious! My poor babies were bitten alive. We packed up, wished our friends luck and went home for a cool swim in our pool and a proper meal in the comfort of our air conditioned home. Sounds a bit bad in print but you would have done the same, trust me!


We sat by the fire making s'mores ( I find them disgusting) I might be the only one in the planet who doesn't fancy them, too decadent for me. We went with about 10 other families each had there own take on s'mores. Marshmallows,  peanut butter & rolos and I was only there for one evening. The kids ran around with glow sticks making light shows.. yes they were up late enough to make light shows. I tried a few times to put them down they would just jump out of bed and unzip the tent and join us by the fire again. We didn't get much sleep but it's always fun to try to make our "expectations" of camping come true. We woke up like this in the morning without the smiles! Romilly is ready for potty training- I'm not! 





No comments:

Post a Comment