Friday 31 July 2015

Quintessential Grammy

Our visit to Guelph to see Grammy was highly entertaining. My kids adore their Grammy. She pulls out wondrous old toys that her children once played with. Ones full of sentiment that get all of us excited, like this fire truck that attaches to the hose. The water sprays out of a tiny little hose at the top of the crane. How awesome is this? Tonka should go back to their old school designs for another round. I found this truck on ebay for $19.99 and thought about buying it but I'm pretty sure half the novelty of it is that it was in Grammy's basement. We took the kids to the splash pad at Guelph's City Hall. It's a great spot if you live there or are in town for a visit this summer. In the winter it's turned into a skating rink. Besides all the choices of desserts at Grammy's my other favourite thing this week was the livestock auction in St. Jacobs where I'm pretty sure we could have come home with a horse, donkey or cow for $50 It was amazing fun and I could have spent all day there. My Husband has always had a twinkle for St.Jacobs and now I share it. We plan to take the steam train on our next visit.




No comments:

Post a Comment