Monday 21 October 2013

START EACH DAY LIKE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY

For the world it's just another ordinary day, but for me, it's one of the best days of the year.

Today is my birthday. I've never felt like it was just another day, it's always been a big deal; all birthdays should be, and they are in my circle.
Whether I'm having a party, or spending a quiet day with family it's always pretty awesome. I have no doubt, this year will be any different.

Steve let me choose my birthday dinner; I asked if we could stay in, and have one of my favourite Jamie Oliver meals. My friend Candace and I made it years ago after spending the day getting all the ingredients from the Halifax Farmer's Market. I'll give you the recipe later on in the week. For my birthday-cake, I  asked my baker husband extraordinaire, to make  a carrot cake with a mascarpone, strawberry filled  middle and cream cheese icing. I made up the recipe a few years ago for Connor's birthday.

One very different thing, that I'll be doing this year on my birthday, is running. I joined a running room clinic and the first night of clinic is tonight. I'll be starting this year off healthy- after my cake of course!



I can't forget to share birthday wishes with an old friend, Taralee. I hope you have a fabulous day full of love, sunshine, blessings and cake! This is your year Lovely!  xoxo




2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Christy! Can't wait to hear about the running:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandy. I'm super dehydrated from a couple glasses of wine last night so I'm going to try to drink as much water as possible before my run tonight. It's my second time doing a clinic with them so I know what to expect, but that was before babies. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete