Tuesday 2 July 2013

QUIET HOLIDAY WEEKEND

tumblr.com
We did exactly this  for Canada Day.

 In the morning we did little bit of laundry and watched a little bit of the tennis.

In the late afternoon our friends Shawn & Sarah popped over and we enjoyed a quiet celebration on the deck. Steve and I stayed up to watch the Parliament Hill concert & fireworks on TV but I fell asleep in his lap and he sent me to bed. It was a quiet holiday weekend for us-exactly what we needed after a long week. Oh and I made the peanut butter squares, they were a huge hit. I brought a few over to the neighbors so that we wouldn't devour the entire tray on our own. Steve suggested we could  freeze them instead of giving them away. My plan completely backfired; our neighbor sent us back with a plate of cookies!

 I think I might have a  duvet day with Romilly because she's been cluster feeding all morning. Steve just put the bike trailer together and has taken Euan out for a spin- I met them in the garage to get some pictures before they left. I can't wait to get back on my bike and go with them this summer.

Have a great Monday! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment