Friday 31 May 2013

FEET UP FRIDAY

Maybe the thunder showers they are calling for this weekend will tempt our sweet little girl out.

I'm going to put my feet up and watch a few romantic movies and possibly weather permitted, get some work done in the garden. We went to Home Depot last night. I bought some bicycle hangers for my baskets which I'll take a picture of once they are up. I was flower happy and wanted it all, so many pretty plants out this time of year.
One thing that stood out to me was a lemon tree. Sadly, I would never be able to plant it in the ground and have to keep it in a pot, dragging it in and out every season and on top of that de-bug it. (no fun) This season I'll  dream of retiring in a lemon tree climate and enjoy the strawberry baskets. What we did pick up yesterday, were some new lavender plants. The ones I planted last fall didn't make it through our harsh winter. I'm hoping planting them earlier this year will give them a chance to get cozy and want to stay. I would love to have lavender running all the way up the walk to the house but with the Ottawa climate I'm pretty sure this is a dream unless you are a master gardener or an English one like the lady we met last night. *chuckle*

I've been watching the Chelsea flower show this week, it makes you garden happy.
Simple this year is best. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment