Monday 15 April 2013

SATURDAY

Saturday morning we were up after six and out the door for eight to get to the Almonte Mom's sale. I found some great deals there and then took Steve to some shops in town that I had found on my last visit to this little gem of a town. Lucky for us Tin Barn Market was open. It had been closed for the winter last time I was there but this lovely little pop up shop is open for business again.

One of my favourite items at the Tin Barn Market and of the day was this antique swing frame. I had the same one for many years with a picture of a big poofy wedding gown in it- the bride my teenage self wanted to be. It was much like Princess Diana's.  I had forgotten all about that dress and frame. After seeing the frame I couldn't stop thinking about where mine had ended up. The frame had moved with me to Halifax at 19 years of age and I remember it was very fragile and falling apart a few times, so the likelihood of my adolescent, silly self tossing it is pretty good. The sad thing is, it was in much better condition than the one I saw at Tin Barn. Oh well, if I thought about every item I'd lost/given up from those days I would drive myself crazy. The nice thing is that it brought back lovely memories for me and I fell in love with the frame all over again.



Another great find- across the street in another Antique shop was this birch dresser. It would be fun to refurbish with Annie Sloan chalk paint. I'm not sure I want to commit to anything just yet. I am really bad for buying single items without having  a complete plan for the entire room. I love the process!




I wasn't the only one with DIY projects on the brain this weekend.  My friend TL sent me a few items she spent her weekend transforming- they turned out beautifully. 




Some more Old Tin Barn Pics...




It's nice owning a house again and focusing our energy on building a home.

2 comments:

  1. Hi CHristy!

    I follow your blog regularly and live in Greely (South Ottawa in the 'country'). I wanted to redo a dresser that I have as well, which has like a laminate wood kind of feel to it in dark brown and Im doing my guest room in a french feel. So whites/blues mostly. You mention Annie Sloan chalk paint for this. WHere in ottawa can i find it? Or what is comparable for the job I have in mind? Is it very expensive?
    Thanks
    Rasna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rasna, The lady I met this weekend said there is one place that sells it in Ottawa. I'm hoping this is the spot. The store also has a website covering this paint. She's used the paint and it looks amazing especially for what you want it for. Best of luck and thanks for following me. x

    Malenka Originals
    275 Britannia Road
    Ottawa, K2A 2A2
    Phone; 613-295-6241
    Hours; Wed - Sat 10am-5pm

    ReplyDelete