Sunday 14 April 2013

HOLT

I went to Holt Renfrew on Friday. They have a lot of beautiful things at HR it reminds me of shopping at House of Fraser in the UK and is the only place that I know of in the city where I can pick up Bobby Brown Cosmetics.

 When I met Steve almost 5 years ago, he invited me to join him in Ottawa while he was here on a business trip. He mentioned skating on the canal and I booked my flight that moment. While he was in meetings I stopped at parliament for Obama's visit and then went to HR for the first time. Bobby Brown was fairly new to Canada at that time or at least we didn't have it in Halifax.
The BB sales manager at the time offered to do my makeup; it looked amazing when she was finished. I bought everything she used and since that day I've been a loyal customer of Bobby Brown. I might cheat on mascara here and there but everything else in my makeup bag in BB. In England I splurged a lot more because the price point seemed cheaper but here 3 items could run you over a hundred dollars. EEeek!

I had another great customer service experience at Holt, although not like my first time there, they took E for a little walk around the store while I got what I needed which made us both happy. One thing that I talked about with my Mum this weekend that is frustrating about cosmetic companies is that when you find something amazing, like my foundation, they change it every 5 or so years. This time I was lucky, I got the last stock of my usual foundation- only having to change the color slightly. The new foundation is in a smaller case but cost the same- hmmmm not great for us loyal customers that know the difference but I'm well aware it's not the only retailer doing this. Disappointing all the same.

After our stop at BB we went into Tiffany's to get my engagement ring cleaned up (boy, does it sparkle again) and then popped into Links of London to get my world locket charm. I love the girls at Links- they always remember me and are super sweet.

A perfect Friday spent shopping in my favourite department store. It's a good thing I don't go to the city that often!

No comments:

Post a Comment