Monday 18 February 2013

WEEKEND FUN

I'm not sure where the weekend went but I know I had fun!


We went ice skating on the canal and found the last of the WWF bears scattered throughout Winterlude; not an easy task with a busy 11 month old.  I am pretty happy we finally got all five bears: Russia, Canada, United States, Norway and Denmark.  We met our friends Andy & Dawn at Ski Vorlage for lunch and a hike while their eldest son Oliver was in ski school. I love spending time in Wakefield whatever we are doing. It's such a quaint little spot. I would love to have a cottage up there some day.


Sunday afternoon we stopped at the local to say farewell to Shaun & Sarah. They were in town for their house hunting trip this week. We suggested they use our realator and they were pretty impressed with her which made us happy. The most exciting part is they will be about 5 minutes down the road from us and they are two of my favorite people. I can't wait for April!

 Our weekend ended with me making Steve his belated Valentines supper. I'm going to toot my own horn here it was spectacular. Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with a side dish of curried butternut squash. I was pretty proud of myself and Husband enjoyed it too! The only problem is when you cook too well, they want you to cook more. *wink*

My dining room table is starting to look like a picture out of Pinterest. I went a bit overboard but it's so worth it for Euan's first birthday. My friend Jenn came over today to help me make the party favors; Darla (my first boyfriends Mom) joined us too and we had a great visit chatting and baking.
I've been very lucky to have some great people around and some great play groups to attend to fill the long winter days.

 Happy Monday! xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment