Tuesday 19 February 2013

BIRTHDAY PREP

There is still so much to do before Saturday's party. Last night we made and sugar cookies and tried to flood them just like THIS recipe I found on FOODIE CRUSH. The cookies were tasty but our flooding capabilities need some work. I've heard from more than one friend it's all about consistency. After a few years of making this recipe I'll be much better. ( I hope )

The cookies and the cupcakes are made and  Jenn is making the cake. I spent yesterday morning wrestling over wrapping paper with Euan and the Steve presents are all wrapped. Things are on schedule and the party should be a really nice afternoon. I love birthdays- they are the most important day of the year after all. I think February might be my new favourite month. With Valentines Day and Steve and Euan's birthday it's one full month of love and celebration!

 February has been so busy I wonder, what will March bring? I'm hoping sunshine and warmth, the furniture
reupholstery class that we found out about in Almonte, some quilting and a little family escape somewhere lovely for a long weekend. Steve is spreading out the last of his vacation days to give us some lengthy weekends.

The cookies smell so good I'm going to have to put them away before they all go missing! xo










No comments:

Post a Comment