Friday 8 February 2013

AFTERNOON TEA

I had my friend over for afternoon tea and crumpets last week and we planned another date today to have lunch and discuss things we wanted to get involved in. We both want to start a quilting and learn how to reupholster old chairs. Hopefully we can commit to at least one of these things and have a finished project in the next few months.

Jenn was telling me last week how she was inspired by my blog and wished she had started one when she moved to France. I suggested why not start one now, so today I spent some time helping her get set up on blogger and gave her some ideas about what she might blog about. When it's all sorted I'll share it with you if she gives the OK.

It's nice to inspire each other....
Jenn showed me her star quilt today that she started before moving to France; I was amazed it wasn't what I expected at all, it was an advanced star of David quilt. I asked her if we could start off with something a little easier. Something I can see myself doing on my own and finishing.  After all look how long it took me to finish my bunting!  A single blanket for Euan's big boy bed is the perfect project- that will give me plenty of time.

I found this reupholstering u tube video online they make it looks so easy. If this video was filmed in just over 3 minutes by a professional surely we could figure it out in a few months. I think we might need to find a class for this one if we want our chairs to survive!



No comments:

Post a Comment