Thursday 7 February 2013

CAT GOT YOUR TONGUE

Monopoly cat passes go as Iron looses steam...

The Scottie dog has a new nemesis in Monopoly...

Monopoly fans ditch iron for Purr-fect playing pieces..


These were just a few of the Headlines while reading about Hasbro's change in Monopoly piece this morning. The cat beat out robot diamond ring, helicopter and guitar. The Scottie Dog was the most popular of the tokens. Looks like animal lovers out there were the ones voicing their opinions. This isn't the first time Monopoly has changed their playing pieces. In the middle of the last century, it's original rocking horse, lantern and purse were retired.


My thoughts.... For me the cat won't make much difference in playing, I usually go for the shoe or the thimble but I do wonder - how are the bankers and business men on Park Place and Boardwalk going to iron their shirts now?

 I know the introduction of the cat will bring many laughs to our family. It's started first thing this morning when I woke up to this picture in my email with the joke headline attached from Husband. Steve grew up in a cat family, I in a dog. The cat/dog jokes seem to be never ending around here. How I ended up marrying a cat person... I'll never know it definitely was not in the fine print! *wink*

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment