Wednesday 16 January 2013

WIFEY COOKS

It was my turn to make dinner. After hearing how great Farm Boy was by a number of friends, Steve agreed to check it out. ( He has huge loyalty to President's Choice land )

Surprisingly for both of us, we found some better prices on vegetables. I bought some chard because Steve had mentioned he was not sure he had tried it before and I'm a fan.

After playing around with some ideas this evening I used a recipe I found for meat & chard pie on Ohio FarmGirl's Adventure blog  (pretty cute irony right?)

I cheekily asked Steve to make me some pastry for it, which he did. It turned out to be pretty tasty and I'll be making it again. I can't wait to practice my pie shells this one made me laugh- not bad for my first time though.

I also found some fresh artichokes at Farm Boy which I will be looking for recipes to use them in this week, if you have any suggestions, do tell....



1 comment: