Tuesday 15 January 2013

SOMEONE LIKE YOU

When I was young, (what does that even mean? ) I would have the music high and sing loud. I'm not sure when this stopped maybe when I met Steve although I do remember C and I turning up the music when we were in the car and singing our hearts out. C is the all around better singer he knows every single word- we are about words where Steve is a beat person and rarely hears the words of music.

Today I was having some quiet time with Euan before his nap and I put on Adele, just loud enough to hear the words.... I miss music! Having the free time to forge through CD's and find the perfect song for your mood. Yeah, I have the radio on through the day but it always seems to be just a background hum and doesn't truly hit my spirit.  There are so many songs that touch me but this is one of recent favourites. I loved Adele since well before she was internationally recognized. I was lucky enough to stumble  upon her first CD not long after it's release.  I will kick myself every day for missed opportunities to see her live; I know it would have been a cherished memory.

She's on my bucket list.

I am going to take more time for music in my life. I will bring more CD's into the car because right now all I have is Raffi and I've been listening to it for months. I will start today.... xx

2 comments:

  1. I am such a huge music person - every morning I play music as I get ready for the day! It is such a motivator and big part of my life! Next time we're together we will have to play more music! Oh, and you should listen to Serena Ryder's song Stompa - you'll love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to hear her new album. I hear it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete