Wednesday 21 November 2012

The Habit of Home

It amazes me how humans are such "creatures of habit." I wonder what our habits, especially those that are subconscious, say about us. There should be a "dream dictionary" for understanding habits :)

I bring this up because ever since I moved home I have established a little subconscious habit. Almost every day that I walk from home to the ferry terminal (which currently is everyday for work), I take a picture. I do it without really thinking - I mean I think about getting my iPhone out and what angle I should take the shot - but I never think aloud "L - you took that same photo yesterday! Why are you taking it today?" I just snap away. In the end what I have is the most amazing compilation of photos of home!

It must mean something...maybe it means that even on the days I wish I was adventuring, that I really do love my home. I can appreciate it's beauty, even on the foggy days, over and over again. What do you think? I have diagnosed this habit properly?













1 comment:

  1. You live in a beautiful place. How can you not reach for your camera when you see beauty. So glad you don't take it for granted. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete