Wednesday 2 November 2011

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR PANCAKES

Owner and staff of West Coast Waffles.
Life is all so beautiful, today let's make it delicious! These are the quotes my husband proudly busted out this morning at 5:49am.

Yesterday when I was running errands with my Mum my husband got off early and took himself for lunch to Broad Street's West Coast Waffles. Since meeting, the pancake/waffle has been a strong debate in our relationship ultimately me winning out on what's cooking for breakfast (for now anyway, until he reads this post!) When we moved to England, we put our Canadian waffle maker in storage and I'm sure, this is the real reason we have pancakes instead of waffles. I have heard a strong case for waffles- how they have little pockets to hold all the maple syrup and how they are so light and fluffy and most importantly, how happy they make my husband, but I grew up in a pancake family!

I remember one of the first weekends I spent the night at Steve's house; he made batter and pulled out the waffle maker and asked me to make some while he ran out to buy coffee. I had 30 minutes to whip up a batch of waffles and I had never even seen a waffle iron in my life. I put too much batter in and destroyed every single waffle. Steve came back to a kitchen explosion. I was happy to find out this was not a deal breaker!


Thank you West Coast Waffles for renewing my husband's waffle spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment