Monday 4 July 2011

A DAY AT WIMBLEDON


 On Thursday, I boarded the train from Bristol in the morning to spend a long weekend with L in London.


Our first day was quintessentially English in that we were spending it at Wimbledon, the oldest and most prestige tennis tournament in the world. 

The weather was insanely gorgeous as we covered  the must do's of Wimbledon: strawberries & cream, champagne and climbing Murray's Mount to take in the big screen center court match with Pimm's in hand.  

 I entered on a £16 pound ground ticket which was completely worth it as a few minutes after walking through the gates, I fell upon Andy Murray finishing up his practice match at court eighteen. He was gracious with the fans and signed my entry ticket on his way back to the royal enclosure. 

Best Wimbledon tip when entering on a ground ticket: as ticket holders leave center court tickets are resold for charity for £10 

 I may have mentioned before that the Gillespie's ( my husband's family ) are big tennis fans. Spending a day at Wimbledon has made me have a new found appreciation for the game.  I might even take a lesson or two. ;) 

Yesterday, we all crowded around the television to watch the men's final. It was an amazing match, although after meeting Andy, I was hoping it would be his year. xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment