Monday 4 July 2011

CANADA DAY IN TRAFALGAR SQUARE


My Canada Day was awesome!

Although I'd heard Trafalgar Square was the place to be and always a great time for Canada Day, the reality blew me away. There are A LOT of Canadians in England and I talked to many as I was a volunteer at this massive Trafalgar Square event. Some are in the country on two year work visas and some were on holiday, but most have made the UK home and came down to celebrate after hearing how popular the last six years have been.  It was like being warped  back to Canada. I expect, throughout the day, at least 20,000 people visited the square, although that was not the only place to find Crazy Canadians celebrating. After we turned in our volunteer badges, we headed to the Maple Leaf Pub for some famous Quebecois poutine and a chat with John Sleeman notably from Guelph, Ontario, ( My husband's town. ) who was in the Maple Leaf Pub serving up his brew. After our fill of  poutine and a few beers, we headed back to Trafalgar Square for the main event (Blue Rodeo). L used her lucky charm and guided us right into the VIP section of the concert. It was a sparkling end to a great day. I hope everyone had an amazing Canada Day.

 I miss you Canada. xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment