Tuesday 10 May 2011

STRATFORD UPON AVON


Steve had a conference just outside of Stratford and invited me to come along to take in this Shakespearean city. We drove up early yesterday and checked into the Ettington Chase.  After a swim, we went for supper at the Black Swan and booked tickets to see a play at the highly recommended Royal Shakespeare Company.  The choice was easy, there was only one play on last night- The City Madam. I wish I had payed more attention to my grade 10 English teacher, Mr. Bowen, who was very passionate about Shakespeare. But sadly I was not and regretted this a last night as a few of the jokes drifted over my head. The play was awesome. We both left with huge smiles and were very glad we went. 

I started my morning with a BRBT (big red bus tour) which took me on an 1 hour tour around the city. It was fun and informative; again I'm not always sure how factual these tours are, but I enjoy them all the same. After the tour I had a cream tea lunch at the 400 year old Church Street Townhouse and then stopped in Leamington Spa to browse around some shops before picking my husband up and heading back to Bristol to sleep in my own bed. xox


No comments:

Post a Comment