Wednesday 15 September 2010

Cumbria

I've just arrived home from a few days away on business in Barrow with Steve. Cumbria is always one of my favorite places to go because I love to see my friends, The Angles Of The North. We stayed at a very pretty and scenic resort called Eden Lodge  It was my first time staying in Ulverston and I really enjoyed the drives along the coastal route into Barrow. If you enjoying walking or hiking they have groups that meet almost everyday to go out rain or shine. I was going to hike up to the Hoad ( Pepper Pot) with my friend Grace but high winds and rain scared me off, instead I went for a massage, took a long bath and got cozy with a book back at Eden Lodge. I went for a  run yesterday morning and visited the Buddhist temple just down the road from the hotel. It was so beautiful and the first time I've been to a temple. It was closed in the morning and I had other plans in the afternoon but I am looking forward to going back to Cumbria at the end of September for a chance to see it again and learn more. I know how lucky I am to be able to go on business trips with my husband and just enjoy all this wedded bliss. I also know it won't always be like this which is why I'm enjoying every moment that we have. We are home for 1 day before heading down to London tomorrow and I have a lot of house and office work to do. Life is busy but I'm lovin it! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment