Sunday 16 August 2015

Rogers Cup

L and I met in Montreal this weekend to watch the Quarter finals of The Rogers Cup. When I said yes I wasn't sure who we would see and booked our hotel & my train directly. Fast forward a few months later, I took Via to Montreal landed outside my hotel checked in & asked concierge to set up some champagne and treats for Laura's arrival while I zipped out to get some shopping in before she arrived. I should have napped! I had no idea what the night had in store for us at that point though. 

 The tennis ended up being rained out but only short lived. Who new this all played into me seeing some of the best tennis of my life. The Nadal match started at 8 and Murray after that. We finished at 2am in the front row beside Murray's team.  How can I ever replay this day?  I can't!! At 2:30am I was changing into my PJ's when L said she heard Andy returning from the match outside our room. Whaaaat Andy Murray in the hall? I flung the door open and congratulated him on his win giggling away while L crawled under the desk afraid I might embarrass her.  I'm sure the thought that I might invite him in to sign our memorabilia went through her head! 

We were so tired on Saturday after our massages  at the hotel spa. We put on PJ's and watched Djokovic play from bed eating and drinking FA gold spoils. (chocolates & bowls of cappuccino made with love by our concierges... like I said nothing would ever compare to the previous evening!) We left our hotel at 8 to dine at the Keg in our comfiest clothes. Lobster tail, olive martini's  and the Murray/Serena match on split screen. 

I caught the Pride Parade this afternoon before I boarded my train from my room first then was intrigued down to the street by all the social media updates. 

am missing the final right now. I am on the train back to Ottawa. I was originally mildly scared of the train it's turned out to be the best way to travel to YUL. Business class is a small fraction of air travel from Ottawa and you are treated to meals with top shelf wine, complimentary drinks, tea, coffee and mini chocolates in the short journey.  

I've over indulged this weekend. It's time to go home and after many cuddles with my loves hit the gym and detox before our trip to Nova Scotia. Thank you L for another memorable girls getaway. We always go big. xo











No comments:

Post a Comment