Tuesday 8 April 2014

WINE BARS & BOOKS

Last night was book club night. The book was The Book Thief.  I'm not going to review the book, there are already many favorable reviews out there on it. I joined book club mainly for a girls night out and have had the bonus of reading some great, some not so great books in the process.

What I will review is the wine bar we met at. It's called 4th Ave wine bar. We had a big enough group that I saw a bit of everything that they offer on the menu including the dessert.  I had the triple chocolate mousse cake.

It has the great atmosphere and ambiance I've been missing in Ottawa. The wine was described by one of the girls last night as delightful. Our waitress was busy but attentive. She was also pretty awesome to share some of her favourite Ottawa restaurant finds, which was pretty nice of her.  The food was a little slow coming, but I only noticed that because a few of the girls had to leave early. If that wasn't the case it wouldn't have mattered because we were all busy catching up and enjoying the great wine!

They are located on 107 Fourth Avenue in the Glebe just east of Bank street. In the first row of old houses on the left east along Fourth avenue. They don't take reservations but heard they are pretty good at squeezing everyone in. It's my new favourite for that part of town. It's super cozy I can't wait to bring Husband!

 Here is the WEBSITE

2 comments:

  1. Our book club did The Book Thief a few books ago! So great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we read this book. Another great book club read was the Rosie Project you must read it if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete