Monday 17 March 2014

WOW FIT

I have signed myself up to do WoWfit. I ran into some friends at playgroup last week and they suggested I join the class with them. I've always been scared of the sound of a boot camp. I had a no-way attitude; it was too intense for my usual fitness regime, which to be honest, hasn't been much over the last few years.... a little running, a little skiing, a little skating and some biking.

Well, it is everything that I expected and more, but I'm loving it. I am feeling healthier, stronger and more confident after three classes. In past fitness classes, I have chickened out after one class, embarrassed to return due to a lack of coordination. This time I'm not embarrassed, although I still have the lack of coordination. I am there for myself and my family and I don't care what anyone else thinks about how goofy I look doing a side shuttle run or that my burpees have no bounce- YET! I came home twice last week to a healthy meal cooked by my proud husband who listened to me whine about how much I hurt, but also beam about how much I have accomplished. I'm getting fit-WOW FIT!

Our trainer Jackie is spiritual, empowering & encouraging. I've just signed myself up for two more months. Bring on the pain!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Chirsty! How's your running going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No winter running for me but we plan to do a few races when it gets warmer.

    ReplyDelete