Wednesday 29 January 2014

SECOND CHANCE

A lot of people know that just the mention of kale runs shivers up my spine. I wrote about it during my organic delivery days in Bristol. It made many people chuckle and send me a whack of recipes I wasn't interested in.   My Mom bought some last week while at the grocery store with Steve. I opened up my fridge that afternoon to a massive heap of thick curly green kale- I yelped "YUCK!" Mom ate kale once and very kindly left the rest in the fridge for us. At dinner time last night, I opened the fridge and wondered what I could do with it. There was only one option; I had already subjected Husband to it once, he was as thrilled with it as I was. I would feed it to the kids! I steamed a bunch for Romilly and froze it in ice cube trays. The rest was used to make Euan and Romilly a Green Monster Smoothie at lunch today ( water, apple, kale and plain yogurt ) They love it! I tasted it too- turns out kale isn't as vile as I first thought. Thanks to The Magic Bullet & my Mom for giving me the tools to give kale a second chance. It's funny, kale was one of the only vegetables that I've had that I truly didn't like, so I'm glad I gave it a second chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment