Wednesday 22 January 2014

FRIED BACON

The Works is one of Ottawa's favourite burger joints. Steve and I snuck out for a little date yesterday while Mom watched Euan and we ended up there for an early supper. They have a new bacon menu, with a lot of delicious items for the bacon lover. I convinced Steve to order the bacon milkshake while I played it safe and went for their peanut butter oreo shake. They also had fried bacon which we were not brave enough to try but if they are still offer the bacon menu come spring, I know the perfect guy for the bacon tasting job- Connor! He would fry up his arm and eat it, that boy loves fried anything. *chuckle*

Steve stepped out after we ordered to drive Romilly around the parking lot in hopes of lulling her to sleep, it worked and we were able to have some great conversation. While he was gone the waitress dropped off our shakes and I couldn't wait for Steve to get back. I tried both right away and the were delicious. Now, if only I could get lucky on the burgers, I always seem to choose the wrong one. Maybe it's because I make the best beef burgers in town!  *wink*

Thanks to  The Works for a great date!

No comments:

Post a Comment