Tuesday 19 November 2013

LIBRARY GEM

At the Ottawa Public Library you can sign out museum passes for free entry into our city museums. Sometimes you get lucky and they have enough for the entire family, as we did the other day. You can find more info about this on thier website.

Last Monday, we picked up free entry to the Museum of Agriculture and Food. It was Euan's first time meeting cattle, dairy cows, pigs and sheep. He was mesmerized by the loud cow "mooing" at him and a little frightened of the proximity we were able to be in for the dairy cows. He ran so fast down the lane I couldn't get a clear picture. This was partially my fault, when introducing him to the first cow at the farm, the cow opened his large mouth and I freaked out and pulled Euan's hand back rather aggressively. The thought of a cow eating Euan's arm or feasting on his golden locks sent me into a panic. In my little experience I know two things about cows, One: field cows run away from you (Connor and I were forever trying to pet UK cows. Two- while in enclosures they nip your coat! 
My favourite thing about the farm was the brand new baby pigs, all 10 of them suckling on their momma under a warm glow of lights. It was a great day out for our family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment