Wednesday 31 July 2013

SIXTY- SEVEN


Yesterday was my Mom's  67th birthday. Steve was up early making Olive Fougasse bread.
Mom and I had seen this bread last week at The ByWard market and Steve mentioned he'd try making it for Mom's birthday dinner. (turned out FANTASTIC!)  In the afternoon, the boys brought out the pasta maker and went to work on the seafood lasagna mom had requested for her special day.

Connor and I had made birthday cake on Monday ( He baked, I decorated ) so we were all set to go off and enjoy the mother/daughter spa visit I had planned for us. Mom's birthday felt like a whirlwind but an amazing whirlwind.

The one thing that husband and I have acknowledged this week is that our life is one big rush..... through breakfast to be able to get out of the house, through dinner to get to bath and bed and then it all starts again the next day. It makes me look back and appreciate the slower moments of my life and the slower moments in my days now. Quiet Thomas moments with Euan and breastfeeding Romilly in a silent room- no, I'm not alone but we've stopped moving. *smile*

Happy Birthday Mom.  I hope you had a lovely day celebrating with your beautiful children. We ended the evening downstairs before bed with Connor brushing my hair, Romilly passed out on Steve and Mom listening to the play list Connor was constructing for her birthday.

Loving life being Christy- even if it's rushed!




3 comments:

  1. Connor brushing your hair <3

    Happy Birthday Mom! You look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete