Thursday 9 May 2013

MY TIME TO SHARE 35 WEEKS AND READY

Only a few weeks left to go until our little lady-bug arrives. I'm nervous and excited. This pregnancy feels much longer than our last, with Euan. Probably because I found out pretty soon after we conceived- thanks to Husband and his iPhone app of my monthly cycle, we knew right after Thanksgiving weekend that we were expecting.

There are many differences this time: we are having a baby in a different country, I am super impatient, we are having a girl, she is super active and always moving, I'm going directly to the hospital this time- (no notion of a home birth.) I'm asking for an epidural as soon as I roll through the door. I will happily stay in the hospital as long as they fancy keeping me... that is, if they serve jam on toast. My favourite memory after Euan of course, was how incredibly awesome the jam on toast tasted.  

When I met Steve, I told him I was keen on having a big family- "maybe six" were my exact words. He did not run and I knew then, he was going to be an amazing father to our children; that he was the kind of guy happiest surrounded by family. It's one of my favourite things about Steve. If only we had met 15 years earlier my dream of six might have been reality.

We really have a lot to be thankful for and I'm feeling very blessed this week.

Mmmm.. I'm off to make myself some jam on toast! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment