Monday 22 April 2013

OUR WEEKEND

I feel like we had a very productive weekend... if not doing, planning.

I'm pretty excited about the summer and all the great things it will bring. We spent some time at Home Depot planning a few projects for Steve. He's going to be taking their Deck Course next weekend and then will start the refurbishments on our deck over the next few weekends: building gates on both sides of the raised deck, replacing some boards and staining it a fresh new color. It's going to be a gorgeous and most importantly a safe space. 

Our chairs were picked up to be recovered today. On Thursday after many trips to look at material, we found the perfect match for Grandpa Ross's old swivel chair. We had another chair in the garage that we were getting ready to toss out and and decided last minute to have it covered as well. Both will be back in six weeks. We have so many projects on the go, it feels good to be getting things done.



My Michael's class is coming to an end. The last class for this course is next week. Yesterday was long, we fit a lot in to one class, which only left about 15 minutes at the end to decorate our cupcakes. We made different  flowers & leaves and learned how to add filling to our cupcakes. We are covering all the tips in the Wilton cake decorating 1 kit. I had a lot of icing to use. The only flower I've yet to make is the rose and I hope I do so next week because Husband admitted it was a childhood favourite- no pressure! *wink* I can make a rosette just not the entire rose. Here are my cupcakes from yesterday iced and filled with custard; there are a few left if you're in the neighborhood! 



Well my little bug is learning how to climb in and out of his highchair as I write this- I think it's time to start our day. PS it's beautiful out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment