Tuesday 5 March 2013

BAKING NIGHT & LESSONS LEARNED

While husband practiced drums last night I whipped up this Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake it turned out pretty good although the recipe had a lot of folding in it which I've never done before. Lucky for me Mr. Gillespie aka baker extraordinaire was on hand to guide me through uncharted baking waters. 
 
Our little bug graduated from Starfish swimming lessons on the weekend. He has been advanced to Duck. I woke up this morning to learn that the race was on last night while I was counting sheep. Everyone had stayed up late to get their children signed up for the next lesson. whoops! When I went to sign him up this morning he was 3rd on the wait list. (lesson learned) luckily I called the Eva James Center where I take him to Music and Masterpiece and the delightful girl working suggested a closer pool that had plenty of space available for duck- I knew this was going to be a good week! She also warned me that tomorrow night at 10pm the spring sign up starts for Music & Masterpiece. Some people are really awesome! 

The squirrels are practicing their Olympic hurdles on the fence outside this morning. I find the Ontario squirrels quite amusing. Oh and it's snowing again. Yesterday I called the pool guys to set up an appointment for the pool to be opened in mid April- husband thinks we might still have snow!! I certainly hope not- we may just be doing laps in icy waters! 

Come on Spring- I'm ready for you...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment