Monday 4 March 2013

OVM, ALMONTE & MORE

It's funny, the weekends you don't have plans always seem to turn out the busiest. Spontaneity is a door for fun!


My husband sent me an email about the Ottawa Valley Moms dinner at Rare. On Friday I opened it and found out it was that night! I was a little shy but got there and introduced myself to the most friendliest group of women I've met in a very long time. OVM group are some incredible ladies and I look forward to seeing them again and taking part in other events. 


Rare was delicious and had Mellow-Dee piano artist and singer- Jazz meets Soul + R&B who came over to welcome the OVM to Rare.
I got home just after midnight- a record for me since having Euan and moving back to Canada.

I slept in Saturday morning while the boys took off to Home Depot to pick  up some parts for the toilets. ( Steve became a plumber this weekend- successfully fixing all 3 toilets in the house- I'm very impressed!)

 My friend G called and invited me to Almonte. I first learned of Almonte on G's blog when she fell in love with a Pop up Shop called Tin Barn Market unfortunately they were closed for the winter when we checked but I found out today they will reopen on March 16, 2013. I will definitely be heading back to Almonte for some great days/nights out. We stumbled across an Italian cafe eatery called Cafe Postino. The savory smell will change your intentions from a coffee and treat to full on lunch or dinner. Clair has changed the space into an ambient and classy setting keeping with the original architectural details of the old post office. A great place for everyone.. family, ladies who lunch or romantic date nights.

Sunday we cleaned the house and went out to do some shopping. Husband bought some new running shoes. He's training for Ottawa's Race week half marathon in support of the MS society and his late father Dr. Ross Gillespie.

Zellers is closing down and we popped in to find a climbing gym for Euan. He is getting very good at climbing and I would rather him climb something a little safer than his little people parking garage. We came home with a few things one of them being this Thomas tent- it was so funny to see his reaction to it this morning while eating his breakfast. He's not sure about it yet but keeps having a peek inside. My family room is slowly turning into a full on daycare play area- it's great!

Last night I made a fabulous Chicken Ramen (Steve called it fancy cabbage soup) poor guy. I'll have to make him something manly tonight to make up for my too healthy supper last night. I've been looking through all the cook books Steve got for his birthday and have been inspired by a few things, we will see what the week brings.

Happy Monday folks! xo















No comments:

Post a Comment