Monday 4 February 2013

WINTERLUDE GLOW

A busy winterlude weekend comes to an end and I leave it with a little more glow.

I have said this before- I have some really amazing friendships. I'm not sure, how I've been this lucky. With all the moving around we do it can be hard to maintain the connetion you have with friends when you factor in so much time and distance. This weekend I was once again surprised by the ease in which a relationship came back as though it hadn't withstood four years apart and as Kelly Jo said "so many missed milestones" 

I'm  not saying I've not had my share of difficulties with friends because when you open yourself up to so many people you are bound to have some; what am am saying is that I am super blessed to have some beautiful friendships in my life that really make me shine. I'm shinning because they except and love me for exactly who I am which in most cases is a lot like them.  Maybe it was so easy because neither of us held resentment to the things we missed and just were happy to be able to spend time together again. 

Getting older, moving to a new city and being a new Mom has changed me. I am not as social and find it difficult to meet new people. Having Kelly- Jo here this weekend reminded me of who I was before marriage and children- a confident social bug who would effortlessly create new friendships. I came out of the Fairmont glowing because I got to spend time with a good friend  who reminded me that I've not lost that part of me.

Kelly-Jo is one of those people who shines so brightly- Thanks for the reminder KJ! xo 

Here are a few pic's from our Winterlude weekend! 











1 comment:

  1. This is such a well written post, and oh so appropriate for me these days. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete