Tuesday 8 January 2013

DIY

My basement furniture comes today!  It will be different going downstairs in the evenings instead of being in the family room, but I'm looking forward to being able to use that space. The basement was finished so nicely and there is a beautiful gas fireplace installed- it will be bliss.

We live in a fairly new home that doesn't need much work done if we were looking to have an easy resale, but I am craving DIY. A new kitchen, freshen up the bathrooms and wallpaper the headboard wall of my bedroom. I forgot how much fun going to Home Depot can be. Good thing for my husband I understand that all of this takes time. *cheeky grin*

When we lived in England we rented a house; our focus was travel.  It's exciting to have our first marital home and focus on making it ours- only 296 more mortgage payments to go!

One of the things we've been doing this week is securing the furniture to the walls for Euan's safety. After reading a few heartbreaking stories on accidental deaths of children we realized how important it was to secure furniture. Sure enough Euan has been showing us this week why it is so important. As I said a few weeks ago there could be a room full of toys and he will choose danger every time- it is reassuring to know this is pretty standard of a little explorer of his age.
I find it very impressive that more accidents didn't happen while I was growing up. Either my mom had a more watchful eye or the threat of the wooden spoon was enough to detour me.

The next thing on my list is to find some wingback chairs to fit between the music room and dining room; it is time to get rid of some of the things we've both had for many years and bring in some fresh things. I have been drooling over the many style blogs out there that have provided me with huge inspiration. I'll let you know how the progress goes.

Well it's 1 degree today and we are heading out to get some of that family exercise that was on my resolution list. Happy Tuesday! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment