Monday 21 January 2013

BRRRR...

-24  The temperature when I woke up this morning. I made us French Toast for brekkie- the  boys loved it.  Steve has plans to meet his friend Brent for a run along the canal tonight-CRAZY!! I am so thankful that I do not need to leave the house today. I'll turn on the fire and get some cleaning done. Euan has been throwing more food on the floor than putting in his mouth..the floor needs a really good mopping.

We had the most amazing weekend. I am in love with the Rideau Canal, We skated on Friday; it was very cold but the sun was shining bright and after a few minutes I wanted to take off a layer. I used Euan's stroller to keep me steady while Steve skated circles around us. So many great family memories are going to be made this winter, there is so much to do in Ottawa. We ended our skate sharing a delicious Beaver Tail around the fire pits.

Jenny's dinner party was brilliant, Euan enjoyed all the attention from her boys and I was pleasantly surprised with my first introduction to Chinese Fondue. Martin warned anything dropped in the pot meant kissing the person to your right- we didn't make very good seat choices.. Steve was to Martin's right and Jenny to mine!  I'm intrigued by the idea of getting a fondue set and raclette grill; both seem like great ways to entertain guest and the kids loved it too.








Happy Monday! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment