Monday 29 October 2012

HOME SWEET HOME

Home sweet home after an amazing birthday week in Nova Scotia.

We spent a few nights in the US to take advantage of the good shopping and were very happy that my friend Heather suggested we stop in some of the little outlet towns.  I quickly found the baby stores. I can see myself spending a lot of time at them in the next few years- Euan made out like a bandit (Gymboree, Oshkosh & Carter's to name a few).

Freeport is lovely. It's quaint and the LL Bean capital of Maine. LL Bean was hosting a pumpkin festival this weekend and at last count before our departure they had 8000 pumpkins carved.  It was a pretty cool to see them line the streets.



We drove through Maine, New Hampshire and stopped in Vermont for the night before heading across the border to Cornwall. We arrived back yesterday afternoon, just in time to do cheap Sunday laundry.

Euan is a great traveler but is happy to be back in his own bed and playing in his favourite toy-his Exersaucer. 



Today I laid down some roots- made my first commitment to Ottawa; I signed Euan up for the winter session of Waterbabies. It starts in January, so once we come back from a month long December vacation, I will resign myself to living in the great city of Ottawa, aka The North Pole. ;)

Steve picked up our pumpkin and Halloween treats today. I can't wait to welcome all our neighborhood trick or treaters for the first time. I unfroze the turkey yesterday and the Turkey soup is boiling on the stove ready for tonight's supper, thanks for the recipe Mum!




I love October!! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment