Monday 30 April 2012

Guest Blogger: Living MY Moksha

Happy Monday Friends!

Technical issues in England have given me the chance to Guest Blog from Canada! At first I was hesitant because I didn't think I had anything to write about, but then I remember the Living Your Moksha challenge I am starting tomorrow and thought I would share.

Lately, I have been practicing hot yoga at several Moksha Yoga studios in Canada. It was been a source of happiness, energy, relaxation and strength. My experience has been wonderful - as a beginner the heat (45 degrees celsius) allows my body to experience greater flexibility and in turn I feel more successful in the class.

Many studios offer 30-day challenges, whereby you practice yoga everyday for 30-days. Now, I've not yet been able to participate, but I like the idea. So, when the Living Your Moksha 7-week challenge came to my attention I was totally interested.

The 7-week challenge is aligned with the 7-pillars of Moksha Yoga. Each week you partake in a challenge, related to one of the following pillars:

Be Healthy, Be Accessible, Live Green, Sangha Support, Reach Out, Live to Learn, and Be Peace.

I am especially appreciative that in addition to a weekly newsletter with the weekly challenge, you are encouraged to create your own challenges that suit your life and goals - Living MY Moksha!

As a participant I have paid $10, of which ALL will go towards Free The Children to build SEVEN schools. Amazing!

In anticipation of the month of May, I encourage you to create your own 7-week challenge. Write a goal for each week and keep track of your success!


1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! Can't wait to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete