Monday 13 February 2012

LOVE FOOD

Steve took me to the Love Food festival over the weekend.

There were so many delightful foods on showcase some of which I wasn't able to test out like sushi,  Cornish oysters by Mangez Moi’  & champagne at the Champagne and Raw Chocolate Lounge. I did sample some of the sweets and enjoyed mulling over the heart shaped pork pies and so many fancy cupcakes. If you were looking for ideas for your valentine this was a great place to get them. I know exactly what I'm getting Steve, although I didn't see it at the festival- it should have been there. I'll let you know what it is tomorrow, just in case he's reading this later. ;)

  I've really been missing sushi during this pregnancy. I just said to Steve the other day, "Do you think when I go into labour we can go out for sushi, would it do any harm then?" I might have to question my midwives about that!

 Halifax, NS (Canada) has the most amazing farmers market with so many great local businesses. When I would venture there over the weekends, I loved sampling the Oysters for a dollar- perfect breakfast- if you were indulging the evening before, that is.

Sampling all this amazing fresh local food makes me want to have a garden so bad. I can't wait to get settled in Canada this fall and hopefully start working out my green thumb before the frost hits Ontario.

I hope everyone had a sparkly weekend loving all their favourite things! xoxo


thestorecupboard@yahoo.com -Maggie Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment