Tuesday 19 July 2011

WESTON-SUPER-MARE

Grand Pier
Tonight Husband and I drove out to the traditional seaside resort town of Weston-Super-Mare. I didn't realize how close it was, literally down the road from us ( 29 km south west of Bristol ). I miss living beside the waves so much that when we do take the time to go anywhere near them, I'm like a kid in a candy store. I will be spending many sunny beach days there this August with C.

We stopped and talked to a man and his son digging for treasure in this case nuts and bolts from the old grand pier. He told us that the old pier burnt down 3 years ago and the new pier is now the most expensive built pier in the UK; he also told us that he usually goes looking for treasure in farmer's fields - fun!

It was an entirely brilliant night that I won't forget anytime soon, you know a place has magic when it makes you feel like you're on a vacation.  If I haven't mentioned before I have an amazing husband, I feel super blessed.

 Here are a few pictures... xoxo



Grand Pier



Birnbeck Pier

No comments:

Post a Comment