Friday 15 July 2011

BATH RACES

What a fab night at the Bath races we had. It was Sizzler night and our package included a Pimm's,
a burger, a race program and a £2.00 tote voucher. We looked over the first race choices and  I wasted no time in  making my bet. I knew after the betting was out of the way I could sit and look at all the chameleon styles and people watch until the race started.

The races are the best place to see fashion, in my opinion. The dress code was smart casual but you always have the ladies who recognize this as a perfect opportunity to pull out their fancy dress, five inch heels and hats! The men looked superb and I think took the attire award last night, a few men dressed in Warren Beatty like suits and WOW, amazing! 

I did well with my bets but more importantly had a lot of laughs. One of the big moments of the night happened on the final race,  Firefly jolted his jockey off and made a run for it before the race had even started . People were running all over the course trying to stop him and it was hugely entertaining for the crowd. Firefly was my last bet and I'm pretty sure he would have done well if he hadn't got away! 

I will definitely be planning another trip to the races this summer. It's a great night out for everyone. 

Time to head downstairs and ice the cake, make the food and decorate the house for Connor's birthday party. We are having a BBQ tonight and then heading off to Laser Tag.

Have a great weekend! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment