Friday 10 June 2011

TROOPING THE COLOUR

We are heading to London this weekend to see Queenie's birthday parade or Trooping the Colour. This will be my first time seeing it, it looks very impressive. I wonder what Queenie will wear?!
I will take plenty of pictures and post a few next week...

The Sovereign's birthday is officially celebrated by the ceremony of Trooping the Colour on a Saturday in June.

In 2011 Trooping the Colour will take place on 11 June.

The tradition of Trooping the Colour:
Although The Queen was born on 21 April, it has long been the tradition to celebrate the Sovereign's birthday publicly on a day in the summer, when good weather is more likely.
Trooping the Colour is carried out by fully trained and operational troops from the Household Division (Foot Guards and Household Cavalry) on Horse Guards Parade in Whitehall, watched by members of the Royal Family, invited guests and members of the public.



Happy Friday, have a great weekend! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for your visit on my blog! I left you a message on there.
    My email is bagatelles.co@googlemail.com
    Enjoy your weekend in London!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek! I just bought it online, super easy and no delivery charge. Perfect little clutch for Wimbledon! Thank you so much. C

    ReplyDelete