Thursday 16 June 2011

ROYAL ASCOT LADIES DAY

 Anyone who knows me, is aware of how excited I get about the pomp & pageantry of anything royal. Ladies Day at Royal Ascot is no exception; unfortunately, I won't be attending this year but it's on the list for next year. Now, I'll have another year to organize the perfect hat. 


I am still reeling from Trooping the Colour which was fantastic, I've not shut-up about it all week. This excitement is not shared by everyone but it was a dream come true for me.  I'm very lucky to have great friends and family who put up with my zealousness.  


 There are  so many extravagant hats to choose from. My pick is at the bottomWhat do you think?


"LADIES DAY" as it is famously known, is a great day at the races and one not to be missed. Focus switches from racing to fashion, in particular ladies and their hats! 


The five days of the ROYAL MEETING at ASCOT provide one of the most unique and colourful occasions on the sporting calendar. Queen Ann founded Ascot Races in 1711 and members of the Royal family still lead the procession from Windsor Castle to Ascot each day.


design by Stephen Jones
Happy race day ladies!



1 comment:

  1. Laura Stanford16 June 2011 at 17:57

    I chuckled at the last hat :)
    Hopefully I'll get to come back next year and attend the Royal Ascot with you, and give the amount of stuff I have accumulated it is likely I'll have to come back to get my stuff! haha

    ReplyDelete