Thursday 2 June 2011

THE CHEESE BOARD


I am a huge fan of  GP's Goop and loved her latest post on cheese boards. My first cheese board was made for our Martini & Mistletoe party. I went to Sainsbury's and told them how much I wanted to spend. It was awesome!- for my first time.

A while back I got on the kick that a good hostess should always have cheese and delightful crackers in their home. It was just after our return from Paris where they serve lovely breads and cheeses at breakfast and I was quick to jump on the cheese bandwagon. To my husband's dismay, I stocked up on a few expensive cheeses at the grocery and was ready for any unexpected guest to pop over.  

Market deli's are a problem; German Christmas, London Burough & Paris's Les Puces have all emptied my wallet. I get so rared up over all the free sampling and always end up exceeding the lunch/treat, budget. Of course it's not always on cheese; what goes best with deli cheese? Deli olives!  Mmmm... I have a few favourites, both being soft. French Camembert and Dragons Breath Blue made in Upper Economy, Nova Scotia. I'm looking forward to checking out Goops London haunts and maybe adding a few more to my list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment