Sunday 22 May 2011

HOME SWEET HOME

taken by. Edward Catania

After a lovely day strolling around the Tabacco Factory Market and surrounding little shops in Southville with Husband, I am feeling rejuvinated and recharged after my holiday. 

My guest blogger was such a huge treat. I wasn't able to stay away and must admit snuck a few peeks during the week. I'm not sure if she knew what she was getting herself into as I will now be asking her to have a continued guest spot when I travel. I had so much fun reading my blog this week. Hopefully for you and me she agrees and enjoyed writing it as much as we all enjoyed reading it. 

My favourite part about my Maltese getaway this time, was floating around on my Lilo in the pool where the Malta water-polo team play in Bulluta Bay. It was 7 Euro to get into the club at the daily rate and you can come in and out until 6pm. 

I stayed at the Hostel Malti again but it was not the same experience as I had last time. They are doing some serious construction next door. If  you are looking for cheap and cheerful with free wifi and don't mind getting up with the rooster than you won't mind the construction as it's only in the mornings between 7:00-10:00 through the week- ( in my experience.) The place itself is clean and comfortable and Chris, the sole owner now, is very accommodating and helpful; he offered to take us to dinner one night to a hidden gem to try one of the Island's main dishes of rabbit. I've heard on weekends he has big BBQ's for the hostelers but I've only stayed during the week. Maybe on my next visit. 

Tomorrow I will start back at the gym after a long hiatus and start getting the house ready for Connor's May break visit. 

Glad to be back blogging. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Laura Stanford23 May 2011 at 09:05

    I'm happy to see you back blogging! I did enjoy the experience and would be open to doing it again. Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete