Wednesday 2 March 2011

WELLY WEDNESDAY WALK WITH BRISTOL RAMBLERS

A few weeks back Steve and I joined the Bristol Ramblers walking club to train for the 40 mile keswick2barrow in May.  Today, I went out on my own with the Ramblers and did a 6.5mile walk near Siston Common. After a few times around the roundabout and a few not so nice words about my GPS, I eventually found the starting point.  I had a great time talking up a storm to some awesome, more experienced Bristolians!  Funny enough, I met a recently retired man that used to work in the same office as Steve. (They even met once... small world!).  I learned about Turkey, The Magna Carta, Squatters rights, footpath surveying, Bristol prisons, children and grandchildren.  I was given some great marital advice: "If you see signs of the smallest olive branch, take it!"

All of the ramblers had one thing in common- making fun of my footwear.  That is, until we came across a long mile or so of mud!

Happy Welly Wednesday & Happy March! xoxo




1 comment:

  1. Laura Stanford3 March 2011 at 09:51

    Glad to have you back from vacation and posting again! Good for you for walking 6.5kms! Wow!

    ReplyDelete