Thursday 31 March 2011

PARIS HIGHLIGHTS

Our 3 day Paris adventure was full of loveliness.

We fit a lot in for three days & this being my second time to Paris, It felt great to be more selective.

I can't say I love Paris yet, just like London I need to spend more time there and experience more than just the hot tourist spots. But, I like it a lot! It's a huge city and like London and New York you can't help but feel alive in it.


I met up with an old friend in Paris. She suggested I come back for a proper Paris shopping trip which would be fun but very dangerous. I did a good job of staying away from anything fashion except for the purchase of a few scarves which you can't avoid if you try.


There are men selling these Eiffel towers all over Paris, I bought five little Eiffel key chains for 1 Euro. *deal* My last time in Paris I picked up a medium size Eiffel Tower for a fiver and it's sitting on my bedroom fireplace, I love it. They  have upped their game since the last time I was there, they now light up and glitter!








This is Steve and I at the back of Notre Dame. We walked through the park and then went to find a cafe which you also, can't avoid in Paris. You just crave it! It doesn't take long to get hooked to the Parisian way of life. I've been missing my favourites so much in the two days I've been home that I picked up baguettes, croissants & cheese at the grocery store yesterday. (not good)

I told myself they were for Connor and Steve this weekend but who am I kidding as soon as Steve leaves for work tomorrow I'm breaking out the butter and jam! My Mom suggested I make Monte Cristos with them- thanks MOM!




La Basilique du Sacre Coeur de Montmartre  has some amazing views of Paris. It was worth the hill climb on our bikes. If you don't want to climb the steps or take the path they offer a cable car.

On our last day we rode our bikes down to the Eiffel Tower and took a trip to the top. The day was so clear and the views were spectacular. We could see all the way over to Montmartre. I had a wonderful trip and I think Paris is somewhere you always want to go back to and find out more of it's secrets.






Thank you Love, for taking me to the most romantic city in the world! I love you. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment