Monday 21 February 2011

BIRTHDAY SUPPER

About 6 years ago my friend Candace and I made our first Jamie Oliver meal together & by together I mean I did my usual supervising with a glass of wine sitting on the kitchen stool. ;) We went to the farmers market picked up all the ingredients and made salmon wrapped in prosciutto with herby lentils spinach & yoghurt. It was incredible!

I pulled out the cook book this morning in search of the same recipe for Steve's birthday dinner. This time I did it all on my own and it turned out great!

I think cooking is all about practise and I don't get much of it around this house with my foodie husband running the kitchen. Trust me, I'm not complaining but it felt really great tonight serving up a dish that made Steve smile! I cheated for dessert and bought a cake from Patisserie Valerie and man was it a looker.. see for yourself....

No comments:

Post a Comment