Friday 7 January 2011

EARLY MORNING JOG

 Whenever I come back to Canada I'm up at 4am for the first week. Steve took me out for a snowy run this morning. We jogged around his neighborhood and he told me stories of growing up here. " I was the crossing guard in grade five at that corner" I was enjoying the sentiment of it while Steve looked around for changes in the neighborhood. Lynn told us a story how the girls across the street were selling lemonade this summer and she ran out to show them an article in the newspaper about her own daughter's having a lemonade stand at the same age, which I thought was awesome. I love that he's lived in the same home almost his entire life and a lot of the neighbors still live here too. I know we won't have that life, ours will be different but I'm glad my husband experienced this and can share the great stories on our visits here. Lynn is dividing the property this year, selling her home and building a house in the back garden. I'm glad I was a part of the memories of this beautiful home and am excited to be a part of it's past and experience the new build. We will be back in September for Brie's wedding and the house will be finished by then. We won't be sleeping in the room my husband grew up in but we will always come back to the same lot.

PS. I've never seen a man shovel a driveway as fast as Steve, he made it look like a sport and when I asked him if he had shoveled it a thousand times, he said "Oh, way more!" xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment